National Cyber League (up to 633 pts extra)
What You Need for This Project
- A computer with an Internet Connection that can run a virtual macchine
- Some money ($35 as of 2022)
To practice hacking and security skills in a modern,
Prepare a Kali virtual machine, as explained here:
H 100: Kali Virtual Machine
Registering for NCL
Please make sure to read & review the NCL Ethical Behavior and Rules of Conduct and understand appropriate and professional conduct in the NCL.
- Navigate to https://cyberskyline.com/events/ncl
- Log in using your existing Cyber Skyline account or create a new account
- After you log in, click on the red "Student Player" button to begin the NCL Season registration
- When prompted for Game Code options, select the one applicable to you and proceed accordingly
- Fill out your Player Profile per the instructions on the web page and submit the Player Profile
- Finally, you will be prompted to redeem your NCL Game Code. Submit your NCL Game Code and your desired leaderboard display name
- The system will inform you that you have successfully registered for the NCL 2023 Spring Season
- Finally, visit the Coach Observation URL below to accept and allow your Faculty Coach to observe your performance stats
Coach Observation URL: https://cyberskyline.com/events/ncl/coach/80K1-MWWQ-FDWB
Join this Discord server to discuss your NCL training experiences with other CCSF players:
Using the Gymnasium
You will see the Gymnasium.
Note these features, shown in the image below:
- Click the "Register Now" button.
- Sign in using your existing Cyber Skyline account or create a new account
- After you log in, click on the red "Student Player" button
- Under the big blue "Gymnasium" banner, click Access
- Click the blue Enter button
- On the lower right, a box shows the questions you need to answer
- Click in the box on the lower left to show a Solution Guide
- At the top center, click the topic (outlined in red in the image below) to choose a topic
- At the top left, click the three-bar icon, outlined in yellow in the image below, to choose a challenge within the current topic
Claiming your Points
After solving some challenges,
at the top left, click Gymnasium, outlined in green in the image above.
Your point total appears, as shown below. Each ten points in NCL is
worth 1 point in my classes, so the player below has earned 633 points.
Submit this image in Canvas to claim your points.
Updated with Gymnasium instructions 2-19-23