CS/CNIT Peer Advising Sessions
Wed, Jan. 25th, 4-6pm in BATL 411
Thu, Jan. 26th, 4-6pm in BATL 411
This is one of our clubs' major service events every semester. We recruit students who have taken classes in each of the disciplines -- programming, databases, system administration, security, web development, mobile development, etc -- offered by CCSF, so collectively we can answer questions about classes & instructors:
- what are the real prerequisites of this class?
- how much work does the class really take?
- why would you study C++ vs Java (vs Python vs Ruby vs PHP vs perl vs C# vs Swift...)?
- what are the different teaching styles of different faculty? (what
- are they looking for? why you take a class with one vs another?)
It's also an opportunity to recruit new club members + to find out about other student CS clubs:
...and to catch up with folks you haven't seen since last semester + meet some new folks too.
- CCSF Coders
- CCSF Hacking
- CCSF Web Developers & Designers
- Women Who Code CCSF
Hope to see you next week!