A → B B → C C → D ... Y → Z Z → A
ASM 200.1: Caesar (5 pts)Write a program that shifts letters forward by 3 in the alphabet.
Use that program to encrypt this plaintext:The ciphertext is the flag.
Hint: example code to modify text is here.
ASM 200.2: Caesar (15 pts)Write a program tries every shift amount from 1 to 25, wrapping around if the letters go past Z.
Use that program to decrypt this ciphertext:The plaintext is the flag.
ASM 200.3: Alternating Caesar (15 pts)The ciphertext below was constructed in this manner:
The shift amount is constant, between 1 and 25.
- Shift the first letter forward in the alphabet
- Shift the second letter backward in the alphabet
- Shift the third letter forward in the alphabet
- Shift the fourth letter backward in the alphabet
- etc.Find the plaintext. That's the flag.