Make your own online link manager
I used blogrolling for years and was generally happy with it. But the latest
outage motivated me to research making my own system, and I found an easy way
to do it. Here are the steps:
- Go to t35.com and sign up for a free account, which allows you to run PHP scripts.
Remember your account name, which I will refer to as YOURNAME.
- Make this script in Notepad, and save it as savelink.php. Then upload it to your T35 account.
$u = $_GET['u'];
$text = $_GET['t'];
$tag = "<a href='" . $u . "'>" . $text . "</a><br>\n";
$fp = fopen('links.html', 'a');
header ("Location: http://YOURNAME.t35.com/links.html");
- Open a Web browser and go to this URL:
You should see a page appear with a Yahoo link on it.
- To make a "Blogroll This!" button, create a new button on your Links bar and assign it this URL:
- I use my script to save news links, so I want to prepend the date to each one, with this URL:
If you find errors in this, or have comments, please email them to me at [email protected]
--Sam Bowne 10-18-08